The Customer engaged CDW in a partnership agreement to end business services from one client domain and to transition to a newly acquired domain. They needed to migrate and build out services, systems, processes and environment for a new AWS platform.
CDW performed a holistic approach focusing on:
- AWS Environment Operational Readiness via Well Architected Reviews (WAR).
- Migration of applications to AWS leveraging existing automation, CI/CD, IaC and configuration tooling.
- Change Management – Define, communicate and manage program timeline and impact to end users and stakeholders.
- Organizational Maturity – Program Management Office (PMO) build out, Help Desk roles, responsibilities and structure.
- Business Process Development – Documentation of critical business application processes.
- Migration Strategy, Planning, Execution – Structured approach to deploy to operations for business users, IT resources and stakeholders.
The partnership leveraged these benefits:
- Trusted Advisor – A single provider to address technical challenges with an understanding of business and end user impact.
- End to End Solution – Partner with experience in delivering a comprehensive solution with a broad range of services, including IT, DR, ServiceNow deployment and managed services.
- Foundational Platform – An environment with the characteristics of enhanced speed to market, cost visibility, self-service, automation, collaboration, security improvements, flexibility, scalability, improved governance and robust disaster recovery.
- IT Service Maturity – Incorporation of IT best practices to support the business service’s users.